Journal of Illicit Economies and Development
Journal of Illicit Economies and Development, 2(1), 2019.
The special edition of the Journal of Illicit Economies and Development explores different aspects of the functioning of illegal markets in Brazil, their connections to legal activities and institutional responses. The works shed light on the characters, moral standards and rules of operation of illegal economies, exploring the prevalence of non-state regulation, the connections between illegal trade and economic development. It presents to the international reader the state of the art of research on illicit markets in Brazil. It is argued, in each article presented, that there is a tradition of Brazilian studies on drug trafficking, informal markets, urban violence and the justice system, still little known in English.
- Marginal voices: peripheries, aesthetics, and politicsEditora NaMargem2020-11-04T14:32:15-03:00
- The entangled city: crime as urban fabric in São Pauloadmin-namargem2020-10-30T12:13:03-03:00
- Brothers: a history of the CCPadmin-namargem2020-10-30T12:13:03-03:00
- A tour of the city of risks: readings of the graffitix in São Pauloadmin-namargem2020-10-30T12:13:04-03:00
- Surviving in adversity: markets and ways of lifeadmin-namargem2020-10-30T12:13:04-03:00
- A luta faz a leiadmin-namargem2020-10-30T12:13:04-03:00
- Marginal voices: peripheries, aesthetics, and politicsadmin-namargem2020-10-30T12:13:04-03:00
- New faces of street lifeadmin-namargem2020-10-30T12:13:05-03:00
- Dossiê Roubo, violência e Cidadeadmin-namargem2020-10-30T14:30:20-03:00
- Journal of Illicit Economies and Developmentadmin-namargem2020-10-30T12:13:05-03:00